Sunday, October 14, 2012

Progress

When I found out that our baby would be due in May I was very excited about Justin being off all summer and our being able to be out and about in the warm weather.

The reality was quite different. The weekend we came home from having Riley it was 90+ degrees outside and it stayed that way the whole summer. I always forget how hot the summer is here! I guess after 7 months of possible snow I always think I'm ready for summer until I am reminded of what it feels like to sweat to death. (Ok, maybe that's a little exaggerated.)

Anyway, the reality of the summer was not what I imagined. Anytime we tried to take Riley out in the stroller she would scream the entire time. At no point was it relaxing or fun to get outside with her. She had to be strapped in to her car seat at that point since she was so little. She hated this. She would get hungry and cry. She would get hot and cry. She would get bored and cry. If you tried to give her something to look at and the sun got in her eyes she would cry. Who knows half the time she probably cried for no reason. And when I say she would cry, what I really mean is she would scream at the top of her lungs. But we kept at it, otherwise it felt like we would be confined to the house forever.

However, I am happy to say we are finally making progress! Once Fall came and she was big enough to sit up in the stroller we have finally been on some pleasurable walks. It is cooler outside, so she doesn't get too hot. The sun sets earlier, so it doesn't get in her eyes. She can see the world around her and enjoys playing with some toys, so she is much happier going for a walk now! And this makes Mom & Dad much happier in return!


No comments:

Post a Comment