Monday, May 21, 2012

40 Weeks, 1 Day, and Counting...

Baby, it's time to come out! I know it's warm in there, but there's no way its cozy!

There are lots of things going on around here, but having a baby is not one of them! Last Wednesday my Mom got here and Thursday morning Justin's Mom arrived. All day Thursday the three of us ran errands that I had been putting off. Then on Friday the three of us and Ashley and one of Pam's friends Ellen went to breakfast at Snooze and then we went to get manicures & pedicures. I was totally that pregnant lady falling asleep in the chair! Friday night we ate burgers at Ellen's. Saturday was cool and cloudy and the Mom's were hoping that would be the day. Instead we went to the movies.

Yesterday was "the due date" and I had lots of Braxton Hick's contractions, but nothing ever really progressed from there. We went to church and then Justin and I went to a graduation party. Last night my Mom made lasagna and we went for a walk. I can tell that Justin is getting very excited! I was feeling a little partial to a birthday on May 20th after saying it for 9 months. But the 22nd works too (hint, hint). :)

This morning I had my 40 week doctor's appointment. And everything looks good. I am 2 cm dialated and hoping that things will start to happen soon! Otherwise I'll be induced on Sunday...unless I can talk them into pushing it back to Tuesday or Wednesday. It increases your chances of having a c-section and I'd really really like to try to avoid that!

So for now we're still hanging out and waiting for something to happen. It's hard to imagine when it will, but I know its inevitable!

1 comment:

  1. I had a friend that was three weeks late. Don't let them induce if you can avoid it. Natural is the best way to do it and avoiding a c-section is your goal. Can't wait to meet this new Boggus.

    ReplyDelete