Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Is it a clue...

We had our 36 week Doctor's appointment last week. When the doctor went to listen to the baby's heart beat it was beating at 194 beats per minute, which is obviously high. So they hooked me up to a heart monitor and a thing that tracks contractions.
While sitting there the heart beat would go from the 190's to the 150's, to the 120's, to the 160's, to 115, back to the 190's. It was seriously all over the place! And it started hitting/kicking at the sensors. I guess it didn't like them taking up some its room. The nurses that were coming in to check on us didn't seem to worried, which helped me. And they were laughing at how crazy the heart beat was. Usually you sit there for about 20 minutes, but thanks to my wiggle worm we ended up sitting there for an hour. They were waiting to get a base heart rate, but after an hour I think they gave up and since it was so active they decided Baby was just fine. Mom was still a little anxious, but baby was good.
The nurse predicted a boy. Also while sitting there I had two contractions. Hopefully Baby will make its debut very soon and then I'll finally know is it a boy or a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment