Monday, February 20, 2012

Lent

Yet even now, says the Lord, Return to me with all your heart,With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; Rend your hearts and not your clothing. Return to the Lord, your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love, and relents from punishing. Who knows whether he will not turn and relent, and leave a blessing behind him, a grain-offering and a drink-offering for the Lord, your God?  Joel 2:12-14

Last year for Lent I was deciding what to give up and I felt the Lord say, "Baby Making". Now I took that to mean everything I was doing to try to get pregnant...not the act of sex itself. Which made my husband much happier. :o) (I know TMI...)

No counting days, no peeing on ovulation tests, no feeling the pressure to have sex every night for a week (because it "might be the night"), no laying there for 30 minutes afterwards on a pillow to help the little swimmers get where they needed to be...I know, I know TMI! No pregnancy tests. It was a long 40 days.

For more than a year before my mind had been and was consumed with making a baby. At that point we had just started taking medication, that you are usually only supposed to take for 6 months. So you can imagine I really struggled with "wasting" a month. But looking back it is exactly what my mind and body needed. Obviously I didn't get pregnant that month, but it gave me a much needed mental breather. And I fully believe the Lord knew Justin & I needed that!

No comments:

Post a Comment