Thursday, March 15, 2012

Go Big or Go Home, Right?

...That's the Colorado way. You don't go for a leisurely hike, you hike a 14,000 ft mountain (a "Fourteener"). You don't go on a leisurely camping trip, you backpack in with all your supplies for however long you are going to be there. At least this is my husband's motto.

In this instance I am talking about stress levels, which was pointed out to me by my dentist. (Which is a stressful thing to me all on its own!) We were chatting about the baby coming in a couple months and then some how the fact that we are moving the beginning of May came up. And he said, "You know you are supposed to spread the most stressful life events out don't you?" I said, "we like to just get all done at once." And he didn't even know the half of it! Because just a week ago my boss did finally decide that she wasn't going to hold my position after I have the baby. So she is letting me go once I go on maternity leave. (Which is a whole other Oprah...)

So in the course of a month I am moving, having a baby, and getting laid off. Which is # 8, 12, and 32 on the Stress Scale List. But for me I'm pretty used to doing big life changes all at once. I moved to Colorado, started a full time job, and started full time grad school all at once. I started another job, continued full time grad school, got married, bought a house all at the same time. So I'm not too worried. Ask me again in May and I may be singing a different tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment