Monday, April 16, 2012

Baby Center

Every Monday morning I receive an email from Baby Center telling me approximately how big Baby is and what's developing this week. It also tells me how my body is changing. This week I'm at 35 weeks (how did that happen!). So it says that Baby weighs about as much as a honeydew and that he/she shouldn't be doing somersaults anymore, but that the kicking should be about the same. I never really felt somersaults, but I can definitely tell the kicking hasn't let up. When I went to the doctor last week the doctor checked my cervix to see if I was dialated at all. So she told me that the baby was head down. So I asked her what these lumps are under my ribs and she said that in the center is the butt and to the right side are the legs/feet curled up. Well now that explains A LOT! Every once in a while I get a nice kick in the ribs or Baby stretches those legs out and I think he/she might just bust through! I'm sure I'll miss those kicks once they are gone, but maybe Baby you could just let up a little or kick a different spot its feeling a little bruised right there.

Baby Center also tells me this week that my uterus is crowding out all the other organs. Duh! I pee all the time. Justin, Ashley and I went to the movies last weekend and Justin went in first while Ashley and I went to the bathroom. He picked the seats and of course he went to a prime spot in the middle of the row. Luckily we got there early, so I asked him if we could sit on the aisle. Of course to him this sounded ludicrous. He said, "Why?" I said, "because I'm going to have to go to the bathroom." Now this was not a quiet conversation we had between ourselves, because that would have required me climbing over some people in the aisle only to need to be let out again. So all the older women and their husbands were cracking up around us. Justin got up to make the move and one of the men said, "sometimes you just learn as you go." Something tells me those men could give Justin (and I) a lot more valuable insight!

No comments:

Post a Comment