Monday, April 30, 2012

A Shabby Chic Baby Shower

So this Baby Shower was supposed to be outside. We picked April thinking that the weather would be beautiful and warm....and perfect for OUTSIDE! But as the weather in Colorado would have it, it was a cold 40 something degrees that day with a chance of snow. The only cold day like that for all of March and April. I should have known! So the shower had to be moved inside instead. This did not make your Auntie very happy and the weather didn't make me very happy because I refused to wear black to my "shabby chic" baby shower! After trying on everything that I could fit over my belly and not liking anything. I decided to pretend that it was a beautiful sunny day and I wore a blue sun dress with my jean jacket and flower pin. Lollie said when you're pregnant you can wear whatever you want!
This shower was hosted by my sister, Ashley, and my friend, Cristin Buys. Ashley and I went antique shopping about a month before and got lots of good stuff. She wanted the shower to look like this...


See a warm sunny day would have been perfect!
Ashley made/bought the decorations and made some of the food. And Cristin let us use her house, helped Ashley make some food (along with her husband Aaron) and planned the games. The house looked great and I hope everyone had a great time! Ashley even had someone ask her to plan their kids birthday party.

We had a great time! And we were blessed to recieve most everything on our registry. Now we're just waiting...

Ashley's cute & delicious invention! Brownies w/ Nutella, Coconut, and Chocolate Eggs

The Blessings Tree: People wrote well wishes and advice for me and baby.

The Blessings Tree before. This was probably the millionth tree or branch that Ashley collected for this purpose. She finally found one that worked!
Stamped Seed Paper as Party Favors (Very cute!)

Pennants from colorful paper.


Fruity Water and Orange, Pineapple, Ginger Punch

Cumcumber Mint Sandwiches, Lemon Cakes, Fruit Salad, Candy Olives!, Tomato/Mozarella Skewers. We also had Homemade Salsa, Brushetta, and Chocolate Cake! Everything was so delish!
Opening Gifts. Baby and I were very blessed between all of these showers!


No comments:

Post a Comment